Scrap a Day, May 11th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1043

Scrap a Day, May 11th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. The sun is out and headed for 62 degrees. I have to run to Home Depot today to pick up some Mother’s Day plants/flowers for tomorrow and stop in at Kohl’s for gift cards for DD and my mom. Then home to make my mom a card and make tags for the plants/flowers. Already have the gift card holder for DD that I made for Flasher’s Not-So-Fast Scrap. After that it’s back to challenges. I pulled a few more pictures last night so I’m ready to go.

Have a great day Cherries.

Image Image Image Image

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1496

Re: Scrap a Day, May 11th

Post by Charleneanne »

Dang it’s early. Woke up for some unknown reason at 5:00am and could not back to sleep. I see an afternoon nap in my future. My boys will b here about 6 to take me to dinner and I probably should not b yawning and nodding off. lol

Nothing much other than that today. Maybe another challenge.
Have a super Saturday.
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 508

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

pawprints wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 9:12 am
Hey Cherries. The sun is out and headed for 62 degrees. I have to run to Home Depot today to pick up some Mother’s Day plants/flowers for tomorrow and stop in at Kohl’s for gift cards for DD and my mom. Then home to make my mom a card and make tags for the plants/flowers. Already have the gift card holder for DD that I made for Flasher’s Not-So-Fast Scrap. After that it’s back to challenges. I pulled a few more pictures last night so I’m ready to go.

I'm glad you have some warmer weather today, Barb! Especially since you're running errands! 😁
I hope you're able to get all the cards and tags you need made! ☺️
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Charleneanne wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 9:50 am
Dang it’s early. Woke up for some unknown reason at 5:00am and could not back to sleep. I see an afternoon nap in my future. My boys will b here about 6 to take me to dinner and I probably should not b yawning and nodding off. lol

Have a super Saturday.

Hey Charleneanne! ☺️ Enjoy your nap, AND dinner with your boys! ☺️
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hey Cherries 😊
I was an early riser today! 😂 Haven't done much yet- just playing around online lol! It's looking to be a rainy day here- perfect for arts and crafts! 😊
I finished the stencil challenge on Facebook yesterday. Didn't finish anything else lol! I'm trying decide which ones to start with for today! ☺️ No other plans except to check the mail! Lol!
Stay blessed, Cherries! 😊
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2028

Post by MTCanuk »

Happy Saturday,

Kind of dragging after being up watching the Northern lights and waiting for the family to get back after watching them out of town.
All is good, though!  Awesome light show!
The other DD in Seattle made it to London, England after an all night flight.  Working there this next week and her hubby was able to go with her.

Yesterday, I ended up watching the minion for the afternoon.  She has had a low grade temp all week.  Her folks have been taking turns missing work and staying home with her.  DD took her to the doc and low and behold she had a ruptured ear drum.  So, she needed somewhere to go for the afternoon, so her mum could do some catch up at work.  Oh, gosh.  She was pretty lethargic when she arrived and getting her to take her meds is next to impossible.  But she had some of her favs for lunch and perked right up.  Then it was all about arts and crafts.  She painted, glued butterflies, stamped and cut out butterflies.  Teaching her how to stamp.  She caught on right away.  Took all her art work home with her.  I was pooped out. Thought I might scrap after she left to go home.  Nope, got dinner and crashed on the couch.

Looking nice out and suppose to climb into the 70's.  Going to a garden nursery and take a class on filling a pot full of beautiful flowers.  Should be fun for DD and I.  And get to bring home some flowers for my deck.  Need to get outside and find a pot to fill.  

Not sure how much scrapping will get done.  Hopefully some!!

Have a good day, ladies.  
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1363

Post by VickiR »

Up at 6 and out by 7 this morning for DGS's lacrosse game.  Stopped for coffee and got there just as the game started.  Great game and Jack scored 4 goals today!  We are back home and DH is getting ready to mow.  I'll be in my craft space most of the day today. 

We were disappointed with the cloud cover last night and weren't able to see the aurora borealis.  Hoping for clear skies tonight!
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

It was a rainy morning here, so I slept WAY in!  lol  Starting to get moving and it is almost noon.  Guess I was tired!  Hoping to scrap a little today, do my grocery run and get ready to host my mom & dad here tomorrow for Mother's Day dinner. :)
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Aztam
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 672

Post by Aztam »

Good morning cherries!

I am so thrilled so many got to see the aurora borealis. We are too far south to see it, but I enjoyed all the photos my fb friends shared!

Baby boy had a better second night at home last night. (And parents, too) His other grandparents are coming to visit today from out of town. We will be running to the grocery store for the kids before the relatives arrive. Not sure if we will spend much time there today, just say hello to everyone. I don’t want to stress my daughter out with having so many people around.

Hubby is baking a strawberry torte for Mother’s Day with a German recipe. It’s quite a lot of prep. He had to make the quark (type of cheese) that goes into the layers. So he’s been working on it for 2 days already. I will def be sharing a pic of it when he’s done.

Maybe after I finish laundry and few more household chores I will be able to get in my scrapbook room. I have to make a plan for the 1st page of Louis’ album. I’ll check the gallery and see if I can scraplift something from there!

have a great weekend.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam
GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 471

Post by GinniG »

pawprints wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 9:12 am

Too bad this weather wasn’t there yesterday! Have fun doing your errands and making the card!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

Charleneanne wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 9:50 am

Have a super Saturday.

Have fun napping, dinner with your boys, and your Mexican dinner!!!!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 10:17 am
Hey Cherries 😊
I was an early riser today! 😂 Haven't done much yet- just playing around online lol! It's looking to be a rainy day here- perfect for arts and crafts! 😊
I finished the stencil challenge on Facebook yesterday. Didn't finish anything else lol! I'm trying decide which ones to start with for today! ☺️ No other plans except to check the mail! Lol!
Stay blessed, Cherries! 😊

Yay for finishing the stencil challenge! Have fun creating!!!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

MTCanuk wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 10:44 am
Happy Saturday,

Kind of dragging after being up watching the Northern lights and waiting for the family to get back after watching them out of town.
The other DD in Seattle made it to London, England after an all night flight.  Working there this next week and her hubby was able to go with her.

Yesterday, I ended up watching the minion for the afternoon.  She has had a low grade temp all week.  Her folks have been taking turns missing work and staying home with her.  DD took her to the doc and low and behold she had a ruptured ear drum.  So, she needed somewhere to go for the afternoon, so her mum could do some catch up at work.  Oh, gosh.  She was pretty lethargic when she arrived and getting her to take her meds is next to impossible.  But she had some of her favs for lunch and perked right up.  Then it was all about arts and crafts.  She painted, glued butterflies, stamped and cut out butterflies.  Teaching her how to stamp.  She caught on right away.  Took all her art work home with her.  I was pooped out. Thought I might scrap after she left to go home.  Nope, got dinner and crashed on the couch.

Looking nice out and suppose to climb into the 70's.  Going to a garden nursery and take a class on filling a pot full of beautiful flowers.  Should be fun for DD and I.  And get to bring home some flowers for my deck.  Need to get outside and find a pot to fill.  

Have a good day, ladies.  

Oh Leslee! Your poor minion!!! I’m glad you were able to perk her up! Hope she’s better today. Have fun at the nursery!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

VickiR wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 10:52 am
Up at 6 and out by 7 this morning for DGS's lacrosse game.  Stopped for coffee and got there just as the game started.  Great game and Jack scored 4 goals today!  We are back home and DH is getting ready to mow.  I'll be in my craft space most of the day today. 

We were disappointed with the cloud cover last night and weren't able to see the aurora borealis.  Hoping for clear skies tonight!

Yay for Jack!!! Too bad you couldn’t see the lights. We couldn’t either. :( Have fun crafting!!!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 11:14 am
It was a rainy morning here, so I slept WAY in!  lol  Starting to get moving and it is almost noon.  Guess I was tired!  Hoping to scrap a little today, do my grocery run and get ready to host my mom & dad here tomorrow for Mother's Day dinner. :)

Yay for sleeping in! :) Have fun playing and getting ready for Mother’s Day tomorrow!!!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

Aztam wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 11:28 am
Good morning cherries!

I am so thrilled so many got to see the aurora borealis. We are too far south to see it, but I enjoyed all the photos my fb friends shared!

Baby boy had a better second night at home last night. (And parents, too) His other grandparents are coming to visit today from out of town. We will be running to the grocery store for the kids before the relatives arrive. Not sure if we will spend much time there today, just say hello to everyone. I don’t want to stress my daughter out with having so many people around.

Hubby is baking a strawberry torte for Mother’s Day with a German recipe. It’s quite a lot of prep. He had to make the quark (type of cheese) that goes into the layers. So he’s been working on it for 2 days already. I will def be sharing a pic of it when he’s done.

Maybe after I finish laundry and few more household chores I will be able to get in my scrapbook room. I have to make a plan for the 1st page of Louis’ album. I’ll check the gallery and see if I can scraplift something from there!

have a great weekend.

Glad the baby did better last night. Can’t wait to see the picture of the torte! I bet it tastes amazing!!! Good luck planning your page!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

Hi Cherries!!!! 🍒🍒🍒

It’s gorgeous outside today. Our baby geese are already 4 days old. They’re so amazingly cute!!! Neither of us has been able to get a decent picture of them. Yoda and Mama are quite protective and we can’t get close enough. That actually a good thing!

Steve is doing better. He’s still running a low grade fever in the afternoon and evening. We spent the last 2 days at doctors offices. I’m so far behind on everything. Someday I’ll get caught up.

I was up earlier today too. I’m going to try to pop into a zoom crop and say hi. Hopefully I can find time to play today!
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 499

Post by SandyJay »

MTCanuk wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 10:44 am
Happy Saturday,

Have a good day, ladies.  

Wow, Leslee!  A lot going on!  I hope the minion will heal up quickly.  I envy you, I would love to go to a class like that!  I love planting and flowers and such.  All I know is “filler, thriller and spiller”.  LOL.  The light show last night was a bucket item that spontaneously came to life for me. So nice that your SIL could join your DD in England! 
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1781

Post by CarrieG »

ugh woke up to heavy rains --threw a major wrench in our saturday plans...so i am working in my christmas book instead since i had everything out from doing my nsd example...weeeeeeeee

nothing exciting here today but scrapping.....yay!

have a wonderful day ladies!
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 499

Post by SandyJay »

Aztam wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 11:28 am
Good morning cherries!

have a great weekend.

Oh my goodness, a cherry torte!!  My friend owned a bakery, now retired, and I am vaguely aware of the work that goes into them.  Please do share the photos, and the process.  Very interesting and certainly a labor of love!  

I am glad baby boy is doing g well!  Have a great weekend! 

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”