Scrap a Day, May 9th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1037

Scrap a Day, May 9th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. I have a nail appointment today and need to run a few errands, then hoping to work on another challenge. I’m seeing rain in the forecast for tomorrow so it looks like they won’t be able to do my roof. I haven’t heard from my roofer yet but it’s not looking good. Maybe if the rain is just early morning they will still come. I’ll find out today.

Have a great day Cherries.

Image Image Image Image

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1350

Re: Scrap a Day, May 9th

Post by VickiR »

I hope they are able to work on your roof.  I'm sure you and "the girls" are ready to have it finished.

VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

Not much doing here today.  It's overcast and looks like rain.  DH is washing the car while the sun is not out.  Good time because the sun doesn't try it and make spots.    We have someone coming at noon to give us an estimate to finish our painting.  We never had the master bath done because we knew we were having it refinished.  Also the other baths need trim painted since we had new flooring put down in all of them.  So, I may scrap a little today.  My shoulder is still giving me fits, so it will depend on how the IB helps.  Our DGDs chorus is singing the national anthem at the Ironbird game tonight at Cal Ripken Stadium.  Hopefully the rain will hold off.
Last edited by VickiR on Thu May 09, 2024 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1774

Post by CarrieG »

whooooosh  is how my week has gone!  crazy busy here--but it seems like nothing is being done...lol
we have had some hot weather but today will be cooler

I'm hoping to actually get a chance to LOOK at the NSD challenges...I haven't even done that yet.....arrrrg

have a great day ladies!
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2028

Post by MTCanuk »

Not sure scrapping is in my plans.

our warm up starts today.  Suppose to be 50’s, still cool, but at least not the 30’s like yesterday!  Some parts of the state had impressive snow amounts- like feet!!!  Heavy wet snow, which we need heading into summer so the state isn’t on fire.  

Yesterday, for some reason  got in a spring cleaning mode.  Most of my curtains came down and got washed.  The windows got washed.  All my fake plants had a shower to clean them off.  And the knick knacks were washed off.  

Heading to Helena today.  Today is the first step in completing my American citizenship.  I will be a dual resident soon.  Pictures, fingerprints, etc.  and probably some shopping.  Glad my appointment is today before I have surgery. 

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by MTCanuk »

pawprints wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 8:39 am
Hey Cherries. I have a nail appointment today and need to run a few errands, then hoping to work on another challenge. I’m seeing rain in the forecast for tomorrow so it looks like they won’t be able to do my roof. I haven’t heard from my roofer yet but it’s not looking good. Maybe if the rain is just early morning they will still come. I’ll find out today.

Hoping they are able to get working on your roof!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by MTCanuk »

VickiR wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:04 am
Not much doing here today.  It's overcast and looks like rain.  DH is washing the car while the sun is not out.  Good time because the sun doesn't try it and make spots.    We have someone coming at noon to give us an estimate to finish our painting.  We never had the master bath done because we knew we were having it refinished.  Also the other baths need trim painted since we had new flooring put down in all of them.  So, I may scrap a little today.  My shoulder is still giving me fits, so it will depend on how thte IB helps.  Our DGDs chorus is singing the national anthem at the Ironbird game tonight at Cal Ripken Stadium.  Hopefully the rain will hold off.

Hoping that shoulder gets to be feeling better.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by MTCanuk »

CarrieG wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:21 am
whooooosh  is how my week has gone!  crazy busy here--but it seems like nothing is being done...lol

I'm hoping to actually get a chance to LOOK at the NSD challenges...I haven't even done that yet.....arrrrg

have a great day ladies!
Send some of that warmer weather north, would you??  Hope you get to do some scrapping!

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

MTCanuk wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:25 am
VickiR wrote:
Not much doing here today.  It's overcast and looks like rain.  DH is washing the car while the sun is not out.  Good time because the sun doesn't try it and make spots.    We have someone coming at noon to give us an estimate to finish our painting.  We never had the master bath done because we knew we were having it refinished.  Also the other baths need trim painted since we had new flooring put down in all of them.  So, I may scrap a little today.  My shoulder is still giving me fits, so it will depend on how thte IB helps.  Our DGDs chorus is singing the national anthem at the Ironbird game tonight at Cal Ripken Stadium.  Hopefully the rain will hold off.

Hoping that shoulder gets to be feeling better. 
Thanks Leslee.

VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

MTCanuk wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:24 am

our warm up starts today.  Suppose to be 50’s, still cool, but at least not the 30’s like yesterday!  Some parts of the state had impressive snow amounts- like feet!!!  Heavy wet snow, which we need heading into summer so the state isn’t on fire.  

Yesterday, for some reason  got in a spring cleaning mode.  Most of my curtains came down and got washed.  The windows got washed.  All my fake plants had a shower to clean them off.  And the knick knacks were washed off.  

Heading to Helena today.  Today is the first step in completing my American citizenship.  I will be a dual resident soon.  Pictures, fingerprints, etc.  and probably some shopping.  Glad my appointment is today before I have surgery. 

Congratulations!  Safe travels and hope all goes well today.

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2429

Post by emmapaige »

Nothing going on here today so hope to get lots of scrapping done!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 504

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

pawprints wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 8:39 am

Awww sorry about the rain, Barb! Enjoy getting your nails done, though! 😉
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola

VickiR wrote:
Not much doing here today.  It's overcast and looks like rain.  DH is washing the car while the sun is not out.  Good time because the sun doesn't try it and make spots.    We have someone coming at noon to give us an estimate to finish our painting.  We never had the master bath done because we knew we were having it refinished.  Also the other baths need trim painted since we had new flooring put down in all of them.  So, I may scrap a little today.  My shoulder is still giving me fits, so it will depend on how the IB helps.  Our DGDs chorus is singing the national anthem at the Ironbird game tonight at Cal Ripken Stadium.  Hopefully the rain will hold off.

I hope your rain holds off, too, Vicki! The kiddos NEED to be able to sing!! 😊 You have a great day!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3686

Post by blbabe1234 »

VickiR wrote:

Good luck with finding someone to finish painting.

Sorry about your shoulder. Good luck to your granddaughter! Very exciting!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola

CarrieG wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:21 am

have a great day ladies!
Aww, Carrie, I hope you get a chance to play with some the NSD challenges SOON!😊
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola

MTCanuk wrote:

Enjoy your day, Leslee! 😊 Too cool you're getting your citizenship soon! 😊 I know there's a lot to the process, but hang in there! 😊 I bet you ace the exams! 😉 I'm proud of you for going for it! 😌

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

MTCanuk wrote:

Very cool, congrats! And good luck with everything today.

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola

Hey Cherries 😊 I've had a case of the tireds! 😂 I'm probably gonna lay back down soon; I blame the fibro! 🤷‍♀️ It's annoying; I want to be wide awake with tons of energy to create! 😂
I got a little done yesterday - in between naps haha! I've done my stamped background but might add some color to it. I also did a watercolor background - just colors- but may stamp over it lol. Decisions, decisions! 😂
I did finish and post my finished layout for Louise's Progressive challenge - I had sooo MUCH fun doing that! I LOVE how it came out!
We've been having rain, with just some grey clouds right now.
Have a great day everyone! 😊
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning cherries. Yesterday the contractors poured concrete in a spot where its lower than everything else as well as started the framing process. Work was crickets, which helped TONS because I also had a virtual conference to attend from 11:30 to 5. The pups did much better yesterday. Helped too that it was just contractors and not the electricians too. They were going in/out.

DH stopped at Home Depot on his way home last night to get some temporarily lighting for the backyard. The electricians had to disconnect and take down everything we had so the contractors to frame up the enclosure. We knew we were going to do that but with Jasmine and her partial blindness, a couple of flashlights just weren't cutting it. But last night she was able to navigate much better.

I've been up since 4:30am. Shelby woke us up and we tried getting her to go back to bed but I think her routine was a little off due to the contractors and her not being able to go in/out the doggie door as she pleases. So I stumbled out of bed and got her outside. She didn't potty until about 15 mins later. All she wanted to do was sniff around and investigate. Jasmine got up too, so I helped her navigate the back yard. Miss Penny stayed in bed and slept for another hour. Don't blame her one bit! I did get Jackson fed and waited until a little before 6 to feed the girls. Didn't want to feed them TOO early and mess up THAT routine!

Unloaded the dishwasher, did my yoga instead of going on a walk due to the smoke/haze from the Mexican fires that are happening right now. Showered, threw towels in the washer and finished up my layout for Art_Teacher's Cherry Recipe Challenge. Just need to upload it. I also got started on Step 4 of the Progressive Challenge. Hope to finish that today.

Anywho...back to work for me. Hope y'all have a great day.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:27 am
Hey Cherries 😊 I've had a case of the tireds! 😂 I'm probably gonna lay back down soon; I blame the fibro! 🤷‍♀️ It's annoying; I want to be wide awake with tons of energy to create! 😂
I got a little done yesterday - in between naps haha! I've done my stamped background but might add some color to it. I also did a watercolor background - just colors- but may stamp over it lol. Decisions, decisions! 😂
I did finish and post my finished layout for Louise's Progressive challenge - I had sooo MUCH fun doing that! I LOVE how it came out!
We've been having rain, with just some grey clouds right now.
Have a great day everyone! 😊
Sorry you've got the case of the sleepys Holly. That fibro is no joke. My MIL suffers and she's ALWAYS been a very very busy body. So her body forcing her to sit down and rest frustrates the cr@p out of her.

Glad you're getting some scrapping done. :)

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”