Moderator: ACOT Employee

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3699

Re: Scrap a Day, May 8th

Post by blbabe1234 »

emmapaige wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:13 am
Bad day yesterday but compared to others, I really shouldn’t complain. On a great note, or DGD Paige FaceTimed  us to show us her graduation gown and the different tassels she will wear. She is graduating with honors from Ole Miss on Saturday. They will be streaming a few different ceremonies so we will be watching from the comfort of our home.

We were supposed to have hair appointments this afternoon but she texted me late yesterday to see if we could go Saturday morning since her dad had passed that morning and she had to work on arrangements. I tried to convince her we could wait a few weeks but she wanted us to come Saturday. We’ve become very fond of her and maybe she needs the distraction.

I started on a layout yesterday but I was having problems printing but finally got two pictures printed.
She's graduating already!!! I seriously thought she just started! Congrats to her!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2442

Post by emmapaige »

Sue2024 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 10:51 am
I was up real early.  3:45 am.  Husband had heard sirens to our West last night; guess that mess passed us by/went around.  Of all things, the first Tuesday of every month is siren testing.  It is sunny right now, but more storms may show up.

Might go make another cup of coffee soon, but our beagle is wedged next to me at present.

Where do you live? I’ve heard that counties in tornado territory always have siren testing. Stay safe!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

aheatfan wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:10 am
Good morning Cherries, just stopping by quickly.  I am off today, taking YDS for a couple medical tests this afternoon. If you are the praying kind, please add him to your prayer list today. This mama is a nervous wreck.  Hopefully will be scrapping tonight after all goes well.  🙏

I will be praying for your YDS! 🙏🏻
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:17 am
emmapaige wrote:
Bad day yesterday but compared to others, I really shouldn’t complain. On a great note, or DGD Paige FaceTimed  us to show us her graduation gown and the different tassels she will wear. She is graduating with honors from Ole Miss on Saturday. They will be streaming a few different ceremonies so we will be watching from the comfort of our home.

We were supposed to have hair appointments this afternoon but she texted me late yesterday to see if we could go Saturday morning since her dad had passed that morning and she had to work on arrangements. I tried to convince her we could wait a few weeks but she wanted us to come Saturday. We’ve become very fond of her and maybe she needs the distraction.

I started on a layout yesterday but I was having problems printing but finally got two pictures printed.
She's graduating already!!! I seriously thought she just started! Congrats to her!

I feel the same way. But she will be sticking around two more years for graduate school.
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

emmapaige wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:22 am
blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:17 am
emmapaige wrote:

I feel the same way. But she will be sticking around two more years for graduate school. 
That's awesome! Hope the best for her! :)

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 750

Post by traveler »

emmapaige wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 10:39 am
trainmom wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:26 am
It's raining here today too, although I haven't heard any thunder. 

After the discussion of my roof the other day, I decided we should eat our takeout food up their last night. We got a beautiful sunset over center city:

and, in the other direction (Chris -  this image is for you) the small horizontal line is Citizen's Bank Park. And we were eating from the Venezuelan takeout place around the corner that a lot of the players eat at and occasionally they cater at the park, and they have become good friends with some of the players, especially Rojas. We pick up food from there all the the time and have never seen a Philly player there. 

On another topic,  47 people did step 3. Wow. I haven't counted steps 1 and 2 yet. And 44 people are eligible for sprinkles but that will be happening later.  You ladies are amazing.

The other exciting activity for my day will be laundry.

Have a great one!

What a beautiful sunset and awesome views, how cool to be able to spot Citizen's Bank Park! I think I mentioned yesterday that I decided to keep the fish tails because I prefer the look of them. 

You did mention that, and it is fine because you like it that way and you are still eligible for both prizes if you finish step 4. You just miss out a few sprinkles which may not be that many given how many people are playing along. 
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

Sue2024
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 1

Post by Sue2024 »

emmapaige wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:18 am
Sue2024 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 10:51 am
I was up real early.  3:45 am.  Husband had heard sirens to our West last night; guess that mess passed us by/went around.  Of all things, the first Tuesday of every month is siren testing.  It is sunny right now, but more storms may show up.

Might go make another cup of coffee soon, but our beagle is wedged next to me at present.

Where do you live? I’ve heard that counties in tornado territory always have siren testing. Stay safe!  
I live in Illinois.  There is one area Dad calls ‘tornado alley’, and he is right.  Think the area has grown, though.  

Managed to get more coffee.  Maybe I can get up the oomph to scrap.

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1363

Post by VickiR »

emmapaige wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 10:43 am
VickiR wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:54 am
I was up at 5 this morning…we had some light rain and now we have sunshine! I’m at our favorite coffee house waiting for Katie. Then some errands and home to scrap.

Tell Katie “hi”. 😃 
Two hours later....LOL!

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1496

Post by Charleneanne »

Morning. Blue skies and a little breezy. Cool and pleasant but the heat is on its way. lol first 90 degree days this year expected Friday/Saturday. Ick

Yesterday was a bust for me. Did not run errands. Tidied a little but did no real cleaning. Did Not go outside any further than the mailbox. Did not take a walk not even inside the house. Had all kinds of stuff ready to do more challenges but only got one done. Not sure where my get up and go went but it sure wasn’t here. lol. Hope today is more productive!

Have a decent Wednesday
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1043

Post by pawprints »

trainmom wrote:

After the discussion of my roof the other day, I decided we should eat our takeout food up their last night. We got a beautiful sunset over center city:

and, in the other direction (Chris -  this image is for you) the small horizontal line is Citizen's Bank Park. And we were eating from the Venezuelan takeout place around the corner that a lot of the players eat at and occasionally they cater at the park, and they have become good friends with some of the players, especially Rojas. We pick up food from there all the the time and have never seen a Philly player there. 

On another topic,  47 people did step 3. Wow. I haven't counted steps 1 and 2 yet. And 44 people are eligible for sprinkles but that will be happening later.  You ladies are amazing.

Have a great one!

Gorgeous sunset and views Louise!

Image Image Image Image

JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

trainmom wrote:

Have a great one!

How fun!!
That's a beautiful sunset!

Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

aheatfan wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:10 am
Good morning Cherries, just stopping by quickly.  I am off today, taking YDS for a couple medical tests this afternoon. If you are the praying kind, please add him to your prayer list today. This mama is a nervous wreck.  Hopefully will be scrapping tonight after all goes well.  🙏

I hope all goes well today Kristen! Hoping for the best results from the tests!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

emmapaige wrote:

Congratulations to Paige! That is awesome that you will be able to watch the ceremony!

Image Image Image Image

JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

pawprints wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:03 am
Hey Cherries. In the mist of a thunder storm right now. Some really loud thunder and big flashes of lightning. Luckily the girls went out to potty and came in just as it started and the heavy downpour came. We are back up in my room right now and they went back to sleep. I have a layout on my table that is basically done that I did yesterday am I’m going to start on another one today. My cleaning ladies come later this afternoon so I have some picking up to do first and I won’t be able to work in my room while they are here. But other than that I’m good to go.

Have a great day Cherries.

I'm glad they got back in before the rain started!
Last night, we had a tornado warning. The sirens woke us up. Our DD and her family live next door, so they came over, and we all went to the basement for a while.
I couldn't scrapbook yesterday, but I hope to squeeze in time today to finish at least one challenge.
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

JillinIN wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 2:27 pm
pawprints wrote:
Hey Cherries. In the mist of a thunder storm right now. Some really loud thunder and big flashes of lightning. Luckily the girls went out to potty and came in just as it started and the heavy downpour came. We are back up in my room right now and they went back to sleep. I have a layout on my table that is basically done that I did yesterday am I’m going to start on another one today. My cleaning ladies come later this afternoon so I have some picking up to do first and I won’t be able to work in my room while they are here. But other than that I’m good to go.

I'm glad they got back in before the rain started!
Last night, we had a tornado warning. The sirens woke us up. Our DD and her family live next door, so they came over, and we all went to the basement for a while.
I couldn't scrapbook yesterday, but I hope to squeeze in time today to finish at least one challenge. 

Wow that is so frightening! I am so glad you are all ok!

Image Image Image Image

GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 471

Post by GinniG »

Hi Cherries!!! 🍒🍒🍒

It has been quite the morning! I woke up and had to quickly get things ready because we had at least 2 goslings hatch yesterday afternoon!!! I had a container for feed but not something low enough for water. So I took an old bowl that’s not tall and then went up to the coop. Yoda is a hard wired gander brain and he is a LOT more aggressive now. That’s what he’s supposed to do too. Well my stick was not very thick or strong and he got my pinky knuckle. Man they have strong mouths!!! And sharp tiny teeth! He did draw blood but it’s mostly just a scratch. So when I went back a little while ago to check their water and feed I had a 2” thick long wooden stick! It was strong enough that I was able to push him back with it and quickly pour the water in the bowl. Lol! And I finally got to see the babies!!! I saw 2 this morning. Well we have at least 6 and maybe even 8 or 9! The parents were doing a lot of hissing and wing flapping. Mama got them all together I’m a group and then I saw a couple more on the other side! I tried to get a video and pictures but between the adults being crazy and trying to do it through the wire mesh they didn’t come out. :( I’ll get some when we can safely let them out.

The other thing that happened is Steve’s coming home tonight!!! He was originally told he had to stay another night but they came back and said he doesn’t have a blood infection so he’s getting out in time to catch the ferry!!!! We’re all very happy about that! :).

In addition to the chickens and geese duties I’ve done the dishes and vacuumed. Vacuuming is very hard for me as it hurts my back so Steve usually does it. But he has to take things easy for awhile so I did it anyway. I’m glad I did. :)

It’s just after noon here so I need to decide if I need a nap or if I have the energy to scrap. He won’t be here until about 6:30 so I kind of have time for both. Lol!

Thanks so much for all the thoughts and prayers!!!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

pawprints wrote:

Stay safe in that weather Barb!!! Hope it stays clear for your roof on Friday!!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

trainmom wrote:

Have a great one!

Louise, what gorgeous views you have! And 47 people did the 3rd step??!! Wow!!! What a testament to how wonderful your progressive challenge is!!! I’m really loving how mine is turning out!!!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

GinniG wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:12 pm
Hi Cherries!!! 🍒🍒🍒

It has been quite the morning! I woke up and had to quickly get things ready because we had at least 2 goslings hatch yesterday afternoon!!! I had a container for feed but not something low enough for water. So I took an old bowl that’s not tall and then went up to the coop. Yoda is a hard wired gander brain and he is a LOT more aggressive now. That’s what he’s supposed to do too. Well my stick was not very thick or strong and he got my pinky knuckle. Man they have strong mouths!!! And sharp tiny teeth! He did draw blood but it’s mostly just a scratch. So when I went back a little while ago to check their water and feed I had a 2” thick long wooden stick! It was strong enough that I was able to push him back with it and quickly pour the water in the bowl. Lol! And I finally got to see the babies!!! I saw 2 this morning. Well we have at least 6 and maybe even 8 or 9! The parents were doing a lot of hissing and wing flapping. Mama got them all together I’m a group and then I saw a couple more on the other side! I tried to get a video and pictures but between the adults being crazy and trying to do it through the wire mesh they didn’t come out. :( I’ll get some when we can safely let them out.

The other thing that happened is Steve’s coming home tonight!!! He was originally told he had to stay another night but they came back and said he doesn’t have a blood infection so he’s getting out in time to catch the ferry!!!! We’re all very happy about that! :).

In addition to the chickens and geese duties I’ve done the dishes and vacuumed. Vacuuming is very hard for me as it hurts my back so Steve usually does it. But he has to take things easy for awhile so I did it anyway. I’m glad I did. :)

It’s just after noon here so I need to decide if I need a nap or if I have the energy to scrap. He won’t be here until about 6:30 so I kind of have time for both. Lol!

Thanks so much for all the thoughts and prayers!!!

OUCH! Sorry Yoda bit you!

Glad Steve is coming home tonight!  That's awesome! Hope he starts feeling better.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

MTCanuk wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:40 am
Well, we do have snow outside this morning and it is 37* out. And the wind is blowing like crazy! I am so done with all this!  On another crazy note- suppose to be into the 70’s this  weekend.  Maybe planting will happen this weekend!  We shall see.  D D and I are off to a nursery on Sat. For their potted plant class.  Good to have some mother-daughter time before Mother’s Day!  

It’s cleaning day for me!  Vacuum, bathrooms, change the bed.  Then maybe creating time!
My room seems to be in more of a mess after yesterday, then it was all weekend!

OMG LESLEE!!!! I think we need to tell the idiots to stop seeding and messing with those clouds! Wow! Hopefully once it warms up over the weekend it will stay warm! It’s chilly here but the snow is staying at the higher elevations as it should! Stay warm!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”