Scrap a Day, May 19th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1043

Scrap a Day, May 19th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Slept in this morning, as I was so tired I worked in the yard all afternoon yesterday. First went to Lowe's and bought a cart full of flowers, then came home and went for my walk, then weeded, cleaned out last year's pots, and planted a lot of the flowers I bought. Just planted in pots right now, as I can't plant in the gardens around the front of my house until they do the roof tomorrow. Today getting in my backyard. The pollen is like tumbleweed back there. The patio is covered. So are my table and chairs and BBQ which I am glad is still covered. DS will take out the blower and blow it all off of everything. I have a lot of pots to clean out back there too and will do that and plant the rest of the flowers that I bought yesterday. I have got to get to bed very early tonight because they are coming to do my roof tomorrow and they start at 7 am. Eeeek! I have to be up and dressed by then and that is just way too early for me! Working in the yard today will help me pass out in bed early tonight lol.

Have a great Sunday Cherries.

Image Image Image Image

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1775

Re: Scrap a Day, May 19th

Post by aheatfan »

Oh boy Barb, I am tired just reading all that.  Got up early and started my Sunday routine, car wash, vacuum, gas, wash dishes, sweep floors. Now I am just sitting. Woke up congested, don't think it is a cold but maybe something outside because my eyes are itchy too.  Going to finish picking up my scrap room and maybe get to a couple more rewind challenges today.  Have a great Sunday everyone. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

Barb, we have oak trees and they drop what I call "twizzles," and yes, they blow together and seem like tumbleweeds!  Killing my allergies, too.  Cottonwood is also floating in the air.  My eyes are so itchy!  I love this time of year, except for that.  Glad you got a beautiful day to work outside. :)
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

DH and I had a lovely evening last night at a small, jazz club in Columbus.  We went to watch the son of our piano tuner...he has been playing violin since he was 3 and is now a music school grad performing in this quartet.  Fantastic music, great service, yummy tapas, and drinks!  Was a beautiful night!

Today, I am finishing up all the things I need to get done for the last 3 days of school, but all I want to do is sit outside on my deck!  lol
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2028

Post by MTCanuk »

Allergies bad here in the west with everything blooming!

After a busy day yesterday, planning a quiet day today, before surgery. So, I guess I can play in my scrap space.

Overcast with rain in the forecast. Cooler with highs in the 50’s.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:21 am
Barb, we have oak trees and they drop what I call "twizzles," and yes, they blow together and seem like tumbleweeds!  Killing my allergies, too.  Cottonwood is also floating in the air.  My eyes are so itchy!  I love this time of year, except for that.  Glad you got a beautiful day to work outside. :)

Yes I have a ton of oak trees and I call that pollen "stringy things" lol. We also have a lot of brand new just opened oak leaves down from a recent storm. Along with the green powdery pollen that coats everything the yard is a mess. Killing my allergies too as the wind is constantly blowing it all around my eyes were tearing all day yesterday and itchy last night. Loaded up on Claritin, Flonase, and Pataday. Ugh.
Last edited by pawprints on Sun May 19, 2024 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

MTCanuk wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:26 am

After a busy day yesterday, planning a quiet day today, before surgery. So, I guess I can play in my scrap space.

Good luck to you tomorrow Leslee. Hope it all goes well and smoothly.

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

aheatfan wrote:
Oh boy Barb, I am tired just reading all that.  Got up early and started my Sunday routine, car wash, vacuum, gas, wash dishes, sweep floors. Now I am just sitting. Woke up congested, don't think it is a cold but maybe something outside because my eyes are itchy too.  Going to finish picking up my scrap room and maybe get to a couple more rewind challenges today.  Have a great Sunday everyone. 

I need to get in my scrap room and clean that up too. Those last few days of doing challenges created a huge mess lol.

Image Image Image Image

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1363

Post by VickiR »

I surfaced this morning, had a bit of breakfast and now I'm ready to sit the rest of the day.  My energy level is slowing, very slowly coming back.  I need to finish a graduation card for our DGS soon. 

The pollen is horrible here too.  We have 12 pine trees across the back of our yard and they are absolutely loaded with new growth and pollen.  They aren't too close to the house, but DH has to mow around them and wears a mask in the spring.  Nasty!  Everything is coated in yellow.  Even the cars in the garage.  It just filters it's way through cracks.  The rain has helped to keep it down or it would be worse.

VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

pawprints wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:17 am
Hey Cherries. Slept in this morning, as I was so tired I worked in the yard all afternoon yesterday. First went to Lowe's and bought a cart full of flowers, then came home and went for my walk, then weeded, cleaned out last year's pots, and planted a lot of the flowers I bought. Just planted in pots right now, as I can't plant in the gardens around the front of my house until they do the roof tomorrow. Today getting in my backyard. The pollen is like tumbleweed back there. The patio is covered. So are my table and chairs and BBQ which I am glad is still covered. DS will take out the blower and blow it all off of everything. I have a lot of pots to clean out back there too and will do that and plant the rest of the flowers that I bought yesterday. I have got to get to bed very early tonight because they are coming to do my roof tomorrow and they start at 7 am. Eeeek! I have to be up and dressed by then and that is just way too early for me! Working in the yard today will help me pass out in bed early tonight lol.

You are doing all the things that I wish I was doing!  Tumbleweed...LOL!  That made me laugh.

VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

aheatfan wrote:
You are busy this morning!  Hope you feel good enough to scrap a little.

VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:24 am
DH and I had a lovely evening last night at a small, jazz club in Columbus.  We went to watch the son of our piano tuner...he has been playing violin since he was 3 and is now a music school grad performing in this quartet.  Fantastic music, great service, yummy tapas, and drinks!  Was a beautiful night!

Today, I am finishing up all the things I need to get done for the last 3 days of school, but all I want to do is sit outside on my deck!  lol

I love to hear good violin music.  The daughter of a friend of ours plays and she is phenomenal. 
VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

MTCanuk wrote:

Get lots of rest, Leslee!  I will be thinking of you.  Hugs!

Aztam
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 672

Post by Aztam »

We won’t see the new baby today. We are going to our oldest grands bday party. Getting ready for lots of loud, exuberant kiddos. I’ve been getting many photos for memory making this week, but not much scrapbooking done. I might work on some stitching on the way there. I watched some of Paige Evans Monday YT vids and thought I would make a few of her designs. Hand stitching is a big part of her pages, so might as well keep busy on the way…

Hope everyone has a great Sunday

ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1740

Post by beachlover »

Happy Sunday, Cherries!

May is flying by but today we will finally see some sun and it is already 68 here.
I have to make sure there are no mud puddles outside where Chloe can reach them
on her runner.  We are still having potty issues, but she keeps her messes to the kitchen
door where she knows she is supposed to go out,.  Fortunately nothing sinks through that flooring
being a chicken to all the noises  outside.  But I have to say the worst was this morning when she
heard the vacuum cleaner for the first time.  Yes, she has been with us 6 weeks but  it has taken DH
8 weeks to finally fix it!.  Chloe heard the noise and did a Scooby Doo tryibg to get in bed with me.  IAnd I am as
lifted her up and she started jumping circles ON ME.  Everyone asks how I am always so bruised, here's
your answer!  And I am a big klutz too!

Anyway, gotta take the monster out for a bit and definitely still scrapping, got 2 almost ready to go!
Enjoy your day my Cherry Friends!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 508

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

pawprints wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:17 am

You're yard is gonna be amazing, Barb! 😊 I'm getting inspired to pull up a bunch of weeds- I'll never start a garden if I don't get the bed together! 😂
I would love to see pictures of your garden sometime! 😊
You enjoy your busy Sunday - I'm glad your DS helps you! He was raised right! 😊😉😊
Sty blessed, my friend! 😊
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

aheatfan wrote:

Awww Kristin, allergies are awful! I hope you get some fun scrappy time in! You deserve the quiet time! 😊😊😊
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:

Oh the twizzes! Yes! Lol I love that you call them that! 😉 Yup, allergies galore, here, too, Laura! The only thing I don't like about spring - an mosquitoes! 😂 Have a great day, Laura!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:24 am

Sounds like a wonderful time last night Laura! LOVE how you're so supportive of the young artists! MORE people should be! 😊
Get some stuff together for classes, but make sure to take some time for you to relax and enjoy the breeze! 😊
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

MTCanuk wrote:

Enjoy your day, Leslee.😊 I'll be praying for your surgery!!! I'd take the 50s, too lol feels like summer today! 😉

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”