Re: Karyn_Sue's NSD Beatles Challenge

Post by lcs_99 »

I used the song Ain't She Sweet

meh
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 21

Post by meh »

I used Getting Better from the Sergeant Pepper album. It was another one of those no-brainers.

scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1360

Post by scrappinmom99 »

I was born in 1971 so I missed the Beatles by 1 year. I have always loved them though. The story goes that I saw Magical Mystery Tour when I was 6. Not sure where or with who and I don't remember this but apparently I begged for the record. I do remember lying on the floor looking through the booklet in the sleeve and listening to it over and over. Also, in my head the 4 cops on the wall in the background in the one picture were the Monkees. I don't know where I got that idea LOL! In any case, I know Rocky Raccoon is from the White Album not Magical Mystery Tour, but that's my Beatles origin story LOL!

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 718

Post by Karyn_Sue »

trainmom wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 1:26 pm
I did googling to find an obscure Beatle's song that would work for me and I found this
https://www.beatlesbible.com/songs/birthday/
Birthday
and here's my layout:
"Birthday" is a great choice!  Certainly nothing like the usual birthday song you'd think of!  And how perfect - the 60th anniversary of the Beatle's coming to America and using the Beatles birthday song title for your 60th birthday layout!  Love it! That flowery paper coordinates perfectly with your beautiful bouquet.

“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

ImageImageImageImageImage
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bing

Post by Karyn_Sue »

FoxyStamping wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 3:07 pm
Thank you.  I have one layout done for NSD!  LOL  Here is mine!  I thought I would be only one to find this, because I had never heard of it, and the song itself was unfamiliar to me!  But I see someone else found it! LOL
Here is mine: 
Birthday : Gallery : A Cherry On  TopImage
wow! you certainly did get that one done fast!  "Birthday" is a great choice!  Certainly nothing like the usual birthday song you'd think of. Love it! That flowery paper coordinates perfectly with your beautiful bouquet.

“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bing

Post by Karyn_Sue »

aheatfan wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 3:25 pm
First NSD Challenge done - thanks for this great challenge.  I went with Good Day Sunshine. 

Great song - and so versatile for a scrapbook page title!  Love your breakfast food embellies and that background paper is awesome!!!  I had to Google the Hemingway House because I had been to the one in Key West and never knew there was one elsewhere (I guess there's one in Cuba too!  Just like a teacher - you made me learn something new!!!)

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1775

Post by aheatfan »

Karyn_Sue wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 7:51 pm
aheatfan wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 3:25 pm
First NSD Challenge done - thanks for this great challenge.  I went with Good Day Sunshine. 

Great song - and so versatile for a scrapbook page title!  Love your breakfast food embellies and that background paper is awesome!!!  I had to Google the Hemingway House because I had been to the one in Key West and never knew there was one elsewhere (I guess there's one in Cuba too!  Just like a teacher - you made me learn something new!!!) 
Thanks Karyn, this one is a bed and breakfast. Very small but very cozy and right in the middle of historic St. Augustine :) 

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"

Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bing

Post by Karyn_Sue »

Scrapqueen141 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 3:43 pm
I used the song title: "I Saw Her Standing There" 
Wow!  I can't believe how perfect that title is for these pictures!!! Gorgeous girl, gorgeous pictures, gorgeous layout! 

Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bing

Post by Karyn_Sue »

Trek wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 4:42 pm
My LO
A Day in the Life

"A day in the life" is such a great title choice for what sounds like a wonderful day of hiking!  Such beautiful pictures of the kids with such beautiful scenery. Love the background made up for strips. 

Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bing

Post by Karyn_Sue »

SandyK1967 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 4:56 pm
I found the song "Slow Down" on the list.

Great choice for a HUGE meal, LOL!!!! "Slow Down" is one of the few Beatles songs that was written by Ringo! Love how you did the title as border flags. 

Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bing

Post by Karyn_Sue »

Cynthiacorbett wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:02 pm
I chose the Beatles song "Flying" It was written by all 4 of the Beatles and is an instrumental piece.
Yes - this is one of the very few Beatles songs written by all 4 of the Beatles and also one of a very few instrumental only songs.  Great title choice for these adorable pics. It really looks like she's gonna take off if she keeps bouncing like that. Love that you included other "flying things" like the plane, bird, butterfly and dragon fly. Cute detail.

Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bing

Post by Karyn_Sue »

Colie33 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 11:23 pm
Great song title for pool pictures - "Here comes the sun" is such a versatile choice. It's a George Harrison composition - one of the (many) reasons the Beatles split up is that George was upset that he could only have 1 or 2 of his songs on each album - and he felt dismissed as a songwriter by Lennon and McCartney. I love the kiddie pool pics - I may have to go dig up ones I have of my kids (from 40 years ago!). I really like the way you created the background and the fringed grass.

Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bing

Post by Karyn_Sue »

mizz_kitty21 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:03 am
I chose the title “Don’t bother me”, and journaled about the pandemic and needing alone time.

Thanks for the challenge, it was so fun.
What a great song title choice for a layout about your need to introvert during the pandemic!  (I get it!!!  LOL) I love the way your torn and monochromatic blues background really helps to convey the feeling of your mood, and the little comic to demonstrate your feelings was a really inspired choice!

Scrapqueen141
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 957

Post by Scrapqueen141 »

Karyn_Sue wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 8:03 pm
Scrapqueen141 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 3:43 pm
I used the song title: "I Saw Her Standing There" 
Wow!  I can't believe how perfect that title is for these pictures!!! Gorgeous girl, gorgeous pictures, gorgeous layout! 

Thank you so much! I shared your compliment with my daughter! She said thank you! This was a fun challenge and layout to complete. I love these pics too!

Image            ImageImageImageImage
Scrapbooking reminds us that life is good!
💖
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bing

Post by Karyn_Sue »

jcsmaestra wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 9:40 am
I chose "Ticket to Ride"

What an awesome song title choice for this jeep engine layout!!  I absolutely love the steampunk feel of this - the background paper, the engine gears on the butterfly and the black and white picture. 

Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bing

Post by Karyn_Sue »

shortonideas wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 11:08 am
"A day in the life" is such a versatile song title choice - you can use it for everyday or a special day!  I love how you did your title with the black shadowed letters made from light colored pattern paper. Really pops right off the page and draws your eyes to the photos. 

lisn2cats
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 453

Post by lisn2cats »

I chose Money (That’s What I Want) - 1963
Image  ImageImageImage
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bing

Post by Karyn_Sue »

Mandajo wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 11:48 am
Twist and Shout is the perfect title for dance practice photos!
I agree!! Twist and Shout - a really early Beatles song (recorded in 1961 and on their first album) is a perfect choice for a dance class!  I love this fun colorful layout!!

ScrappyRN74
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 689

Post by ScrappyRN74 »

Whatever you choose to do, leave tracks. That means don’t do it just for yourself. You will want to leave the world a little better for your having lived.” RBG

:) Trisha

ImageImageImageImage
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bing

Post by Karyn_Sue »

MTCanuk wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:32 pm
I did use your title, as I have so many camping layouts to do.  Something different.  

Beautiful song, beautiful layout. And I agree (well obviously!) Mother Nature's Son is a perfect title for boy scout camping! I especially love those realistic die cuts. They are amazing!

Return to “National Scrapbook Day 2024”