Stitching on Patterned Paper

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Jessica.
ACOT Employee
Gallery: 690

Stitching on Patterned Paper

Post by Jessica. »

This August on Technique Tuesdays we are focusing on stitching! In today's video, Sara is using the September Cherry Box to show how to add stitching to patterned paper! Image

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 508

Re: Stitching on Patterned Paper

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

I'm gonna have to try this sometime! Great technique!
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 499

Post by SandyJay »

Oh wow….I have mending to do before I do this…LOL. 
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 940

Post by suewho372 »

YAY! I have been doing this for awhile and trying lots of techniques... I reallly enjoy doing it! here are a few that I have posted in the gallery.  I hope it is ok that I shared here. I really find it relaxing and it gives lots of dimension to your layout.  
I hope you try it. Becareful, just like regular needle and thread sewing you can prick your finger..... ugh. I have gotten some 
little blood spots on my papers at times too.
Just a couple things I learned.... hope you try it!  :)

I learned the hard way when doing a satin stitch on paper you have to use full 6 strand thread, and SPACE it out.... lol
or you could actually end up with a cutout.... I did with my very first flower closest to the left and bottom.  But it is fixed lol
49 and market paper 

chain stitch and french knots.

this is from 2020 when I wanted to see how it would look on an embossed image.

this is from 2017...  I 

Susan

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2442

Post by emmapaige »

suewho372 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:28 pm
YAY! I have been doing this for awhile and trying lots of techniques... I reallly enjoy doing it! here are a few that I have posted in the gallery.  I hope it is ok that I shared here. I really find it relaxing and it gives lots of dimension to your layout.  
I hope you try it. Becareful, just like regular needle and thread sewing you can prick your finger..... ugh. I have gotten some 

I learned the hard way when doing a satin stitch on paper you have to use full 6 strand thread, and SPACE it out.... lol
or you could actually end up with a cutout.... I did with my very first flower closest to the left and bottom.  But it is fixed lol
49 and market paper 

ImageImageImage

this is from 2017...  I 

Oh my goodness, Susan.  Your stitching techniques are amazing.  I've done a little and now I want to do much more!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2442

Post by emmapaige »

Jessica77 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:44 am
This August on Technique Tuesdays we are focusing on stitching! In today's video, Sara is using the September Cherry Box to show how to add stitching to patterned paper! Image!

I can't wait to watch this video - no time today but it looks like so much fun!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee

Post by suewho372 »

Jessica77 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:44 am
This August on Technique Tuesdays we are focusing on stitching! In today's video, Sara is using the September Cherry Box to show how to add stitching to patterned paper! Image

It’s an awesome video!!!
Susan

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee

Post by suewho372 »

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:32 pm
suewho372 wrote:

49 and market paper 

ImageImageImage

this is from 2017...  I 

Oh my goodness, Susan.  Your stitching techniques are amazing.  I've done a little and now I want to do much more!!
Thank you Chris!!!!
Susan

Jessica.
ACOT Employee
Gallery: 690

Post by Jessica. »

suewho372 wrote:

49 and market paper 

ImageImageImage

this is from 2017...  I 

These are awesome! I especially love the first one and what you did with the flowers! Such a good idea!
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee

Post by suewho372 »

Jessica77 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:02 pm
suewho372 wrote:

49 and market paper 

ImageImageImage

this is from 2017...  I 

These are awesome! I especially love the first one and what you did with the flowers! Such a good idea!

Thank you so much 😊!!!!
Susan

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Post by Flasher »

Thanks for the video!  I thought it was great!

Susan -- AWESOME job with your stitching projects!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1043

Post by pawprints »

This is so cool! I always wanted to try it. I am going to watch the video when I get have a chance.

Susan all your stitching work is amazing!! Thanks for sharing!

Image Image Image Image

Return to “On The Cherry Blog”