Art_Teacher's NSD Mood Board Challenge *WINNER*

Moderators: Rachel Kent, ACOT Employee

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Art_Teacher's NSD Mood Board Challenge *WINNER*

Post by Art_Teacher »

I loved each and every one of your mood boards and the gorgeous layouts they inspired!  (Hopefully, you don't mind me using some of them for MMC's this summer! ;) )  Randomly drawn winner of the awesome prize is Vicki R.!

Please EMAIL JESSICA - jessica@acherryontop.com and let her know you won the Photoplay kids bundle sponsored by Photoplay along
with your shipping information. 

I host the monthly Mood Board Challenges at ACOT.  A mood board is a collection of images that inspire your thinking and, in this case, your layout.  My NSD hint told you to start collecting images! ;) https://www.acherryontop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=355&t=269900   For this challenge, you will need to create your own mood board and then scrap a layout inspired by the colors and at least 3 of the items on your mood board.  I am sharing a bunch of mood board templates that you can use, either digitally, or as sketches for a paper mood board.  When you post your challenge, you will have to post both your created mood board and the layout inspired by it.Here is my example.  All the photos were collected online and “plugged in” to the mood board layout in my digital software (did you know you can use Microsoft Word for this?)  You could also make your mood board by cutting out photos (from magazines, from your own photo stash, etc. )and pasting, or even just taping to a piece of paper.

ImageImage Requirements for the mood board:               
1.  Must include 4 colors (your choice)

2.  Must include at least 7 photos from the following categories:

*Textures  - soft, sharp, bumpy, and/or rough

*Images (photos that meet your idea of the below listed themes)

bucket list, serenity, current mood, fun vibes, and/or food

Here are several templates/sketches for the Mood Board.

Image Image  Image  Image  Image

Rules for the layout:               
1.  You have until midnight EST, May 10th to enter your layout and mood board image in the gallery spot I have provided. 

2.  Please share your layout here, but I will choose the winners from the entries in the gallery spot.

3.  Must be a new layout.

4.  Cannot be combined with other challenges, except for the 25 Item Challenge

5.  Open to paper, digi, and hybrid.

The prize for this challenge is a Kid's Bundle sponsored by PhotoPlay!

I can’t wait to see what you do!  If you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask!
Last edited by Art_Teacher on Tue May 11, 2021 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1043

Re: Art_Teacher's NSD Mood Board Challenge

Post by pawprints »

I love this challenge!!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1043

Post by pawprints »

Oh and your mood board AND layout are awesome!

Image Image Image Image

shoorn
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2842

Post by shoorn »

I had gotten some images together but they are on a word document so it doesn't up load. Not proficient in PS though I can try.
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

shoorn wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 2:44 pm
I had gotten some images together but they are on a word document so it doesn't up load. Not proficient in PS though I can try.
I think you can save your Word Document as a jpeg file if you group all the images together.  When you are in word, Click to select all the photos and then right-click and you will see Group, so they can all be one image. Then Save As and below where you give it a title, you can select the  type of file.  choose jpeg if it will let you!

If you have to, print out your word doc and photograph it. :)
Laura
JAire
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 949

Post by JAire »

Oh my goodness! Didn't know templates existed for this. This feels very hard right now, but I'm totally intrigued. I did cut images from magazines. Don't know how many of them will work, now with your specifics like texture, etc. Looking forward to trying,
Joyce Ann
ImageImageImageImageImage

Krystle
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 693

Post by Krystle »

Cool - I’ve never done this before
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Post by Flasher »

This is so awesome!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

JAire wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:23 pm
Oh my goodness! Didn't know templates existed for this. This feels very hard right now, but I'm totally intrigued. I did cut images from magazines. Don't know how many of them will work, now with your specifics like texture, etc. Looking forward to trying,

You don't have to use my templates...they were just for inspiration.  I found them on Pinterest and you can do a google search and download free templates that will let you drag and drop images in a software/photo program. :)

I bet you can put together ones that will work!
Laura
shoorn
Cherry Cola

Post by shoorn »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 3:13 pm
shoorn wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 2:44 pm
I think you can save your Word Document as a jpeg file if you group all the images together.  When you are in word, Click to select all the photos and then right-click and you will see Group, so they can all be one image. Then Save As and below where you give it a title, you can select the  type of file.  choose jpeg if it will let you!

If you have to, print out your word doc and photograph it. :)
Okay will give it a try after. Had to take time off for a slight emergency.

Image ImageImage   Image
debraruffing
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 508

Post by debraruffing »

I have never done a mood board.  I am worried about how to do it...  I do like the idea and I like yours!  So I can use photos from magazines?  

I will save it for the weekend and see if I can figure it out.  Meanwhile I have 39 or so layouts to try to get done...

Thank you for hosting!

Have a great evening! :greensmile:

Debra R. 
Nana of 5, Mama of 2, Disney Addict

ImageImage  ImageImageImage
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

druffing wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 8:04 pm
I have never done a mood board.  I am worried about how to do it...  I do like the idea and I like yours!  So I can use photos from magazines?  

I will save it for the weekend and see if I can figure it out.  Meanwhile I have 39 or so layouts to try to get done...

Thank you for hosting!

Have a great evening! :greensmile:

Yes! Cut photos from magazines and paste them together on a piece of paper.  I gave some sketches for ideas on hot to put them together, but you can do it how you want, as long as it includes the requirements. :)

Laura
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3699

Post by blbabe1234 »

Wow! This is the coolest challenge ever!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1363

Post by VickiR »

Fab challenge....the real challenge for me was creating my mood board!  That took me most of the day yesterday.  Working on my LO and hope to finish it soon!

Last edited by VickiR on Mon May 03, 2021 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

For those interested, I used Pic Monkey to create my collage instead of my PE program.  It was much easier and user friendly.
shoorn
Cherry Cola

Post by shoorn »

I had a hard time getting this board on here. Laura, could not group it in word - was grayed out so I printed it and took a picture - hope this is okay.

The colors I was going for was of green (light or medium), a sort of orangy red and a blue (from the bluebonnets)

My LO - did not use any of the photos that I used on my board - my inspirations - flowers, circles, wood grain. 

Link to LO
Last edited by shoorn on Thu May 06, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Image ImageImage   Image
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

VickiR wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 1:21 pm
For those interested, I used Pic Monkey to create my collage instead of my PE program.  It was much easier and user friendly.
Great tip! :)

Laura
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

shoorn wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 3:38 pm
I had a hard time getting this board on here. Laura, could not group it in word - was grayed out so I printed it and took a picture - hope this is okay.

The colors I was going for was of green (light or medium), a sort of orangy red and a blue (from the bluebonnets)
That works!  Love your photos!

Laura
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

VickiR wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:54 pm
Fab challenge....the real challenge for me was creating my mood board!  That took me most of the day yesterday.  Working on my LO and hope to finish it soon!

This is gorgeous! :)
Laura
VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:00 pm
VickiR wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:54 pm

This is gorgeous! :) 
Thanks, Laura.  I had my photo in mind and really had fun putting this together, although it took me quite a while to fit the photos the way I wanted them.  My LO is about half done.  I need to finish it soon because we will be away from Thursday on until after the crop deadline.

Return to “NSD Online Crop 2021”