Need an idea for a special scrapbook

ImCanadian
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 1

Need an idea for a special scrapbook

Post by ImCanadian »

Hello - My husband and I are both in our second marriage. He has two children from his first marriage who are in the mid 20's now and he has 3 photoalbums of his children that I am going to scrapbook and give them to the children for Christmas.  As I am doing my layouts I am having a hard time deciding who should be doing the journalling.  It shouldn't be me because I was not part of their lives when they were smaller. My husband would not do it because he wouldn't know what to say. I was thinking of leaving the jounalling blank and asking their mother to do it.  I don't know what other options there is.  What are your thoughts of their mother doing it or do you have any other ideas?

Michele

I did think of leaving them blank. All great ideas!!!  Thanks for your responses. Sometimes you know the answers but you just want to be reassured. :inlove:
Last edited by ImCanadian on Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 561

Re: Need an idea for a special scrapbook

Post by ScrapGoo »

Hmm that is a tough one.  Maybe you could sit down with your husband and help him write just a little bit of journaling?  The keepsake itself will be a treasure to them and I am sure just having a few words for each page would be fine.  Maybe if he has some suggestions from you it would be feasible?
naney1952
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 8

Post by naney1952 »

If you're on friendly terms with her.....that would be a great idea....like you said.....you weren't in their lives back then. 
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN
AmyTeets
Digital Designers
Gallery: 368

Post by AmyTeets »

I would leave it blank and let them decide :D
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

Is it absolutely necessary to have journaling?  A lot of my layouts DON'T have journaling and I'm totally comfortable with that.  Sometimes, the pictures say everything.  *I DO put the dates on the back*

Another suggestion: If they're going to the kids why don't you leave some "pull-out" blank tags/journaling blocks for them to add their own words if they choose?
sarahwhithers
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2269

Post by sarahwhithers »

Leaving blank and asking the mother is a great idea. You could get some good memories from that. But if not, perhaps the hubby could just sit down and tell you what was happening for the pics. Like where they were, how they were acting, how he felt at that time. Just a little something to give you an idea of who, what, where, when, and why the pics were taken, and then you can fill in the blanks from there. So he won't have to think of what or how to say it. Might make it easier on him. :-D

Good luck!
Janshotgun
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 88

Post by Janshotgun »

Perhaps 2 small journaling spots on each page - one for the mom or dad to write on and one for the child to write what they remember.
Jan - trying to find my way

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
scrapbelle
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 51

Post by scrapbelle »

Would your husband sit with you and tell you the story of the picture...you could print the journaling out of the computer and then let him sign it in his own handwriting.

Make sure you sign the scrapbook....it is a labor of love that you are giving them!!
Image Image
ImCanadian
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by ImCanadian »

scrapbelle wrote: Would your husband sit with you and tell you the story of the picture...you could print the journaling out of the computer and then let him sign it in his own handwriting.

Make sure you sign the scrapbook....it is a labor of love that you are giving them!!
It indeed is a labor of love. I love his kids so much. I can't wait to see their faces when they open thier present. I know his daughter will absolutely love it!!!  She's emotional just like me.  I cry over everything and anything.  LOL
ImCanadian
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by ImCanadian »

Janshotgun wrote: Perhaps 2 small journaling spots on each page - one for the mom or dad to write on and one for the child to write what they remember.
Great idea but I think Mom would rip out Dad's  LOL

Return to “Summer Crop 2008”