Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

A place to talk about books! [Public]

Moderator: scrapperqueen

classiclyamanda
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 67

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Post by classiclyamanda »

Has anyone read it? Crazy novel, but fantastic! Movie is coming out in October - I can't wait! So excited!
croppinmama
Cherry Cola
Gallery: -2

Re: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Post by croppinmama »

I will have to check it out. I love reading the books before the movie comes out.
classiclyamanda
Cherry Blossom

You will not be disappointed. The book is good. They also have movie previews already out if you want to see what it is going to look like Image
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2442

Post by emmapaige »

My daughters have read it and I think I'll make this my next read.  They are excited about the movie as well.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

citygirl22
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 175

Post by citygirl22 »

I read it with my book club last year - loved it! 
Stephanie
I blog @ Skyline Paperie
ernstem
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 20

Post by ernstem »

Read it-----didn't like it. *gasp* I know I'm not in the norm about this one. Just "too out there" for me. It just left me baffled.
anazelia
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 803

Post by anazelia »

Read it and HATED it.  Actually I really really like the beginning and the middle, but the end SUCKED and it just ticked me off.  It is the first and only review I have ever written on amazon about a book.
ernstem wrote:Read it-----didn't like it. *gasp* I know I'm not in the norm about this one. Just "too out there" for me. It just left me baffled.
meljustcole
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 43

Post by meljustcole »

It is the only one of her books that I haven't read...I've read the sample and was like "meh"....maybe I need to give it another go.  Right now I'm reading Saving CeeCee Honeycutt.  So far, it's great!
ernstem
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 20

Post by ernstem »

anazelia wrote:Read it and HATED it.  Actually I really really like the beginning and the middle, but the end SUCKED and it just ticked me off.  It is the first and only review I have ever written on amazon about a book.
ernstem wrote:Read it-----didn't like it. *gasp* I know I'm not in the norm about this one. Just "too out there" for me. It just left me baffled.
LOL! I hated it too. Intriguing but the ending just made me mad. I walked around for a few days shaking my head and saying "REALLY?" to friends who had also read it. Glad I'm not alone Image 
anazelia
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 803

Post by anazelia »

HAHA Beth.  Me too.  I just couldn't get over it.  I even approached random people I saw reading it and asking what they thought.  I mean, everyone likes it.  I had to wait  6 months just to be able to check it out from the library.  So, how could all these people love it and I hated it.  Sigh, thinking about it annoys me a little bit.  It was so good, and then it was like she got tired of writing it and just ended it.
ernstem wrote:
anazelia wrote:Read it and HATED it.  Actually I really really like the beginning and the middle, but the end SUCKED and it just ticked me off.  It is the first and only review I have ever written on amazon about a book.
LOL! I hated it too. Intriguing but the ending just made me mad. I walked around for a few days shaking my head and saying "REALLY?" to friends who had also read it. Glad I'm not alone Image 
kguercio
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 190

Post by kguercio »

Hmmm, interesting to see how everyone feels, might need to check it out!

****Kelly****
classiclyamanda
Cherry Blossom

meljustcole wrote:It is the only one of her books that I haven't read...I've read the sample and was like "meh"....maybe I need to give it another go.  Right now I'm reading Saving CeeCee Honeycutt.  So far, it's great!
 This is my book club book for this month! I will be reading it soon Image
classiclyamanda
Cherry Blossom

It is definitely a polarizing book! Many people have strong feelings both ways to it. I don't like the way it ended, but then again it seemed so out there like the book that it made sense to me. I am just glad it has prompted good conversation Image
meljustcole
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 43

Post by meljustcole »

classiclyamanda wrote:
meljustcole wrote:It is the only one of her books that I haven't read...I've read the sample and was like "meh"....maybe I need to give it another go.  Right now I'm reading Saving CeeCee Honeycutt.  So far, it's great!
 This is my book club book for this month! I will be reading it soon Image

Oh my gosh!  You will LOVE it!!  It's such an easy read.  You'll have to let me know what you think!! 
gonecamping
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 129

Post by gonecamping »

I waited months to check it out from library as well. Wasn't my favorite. I didn't hate it but didn't love it. It got such high reviews but not my style. 
***Tanya***

Return to “Book Nook”